How to Get Your Home Ready To Sell
Get your home ready to sell with some simple tips from the real estate team you voted best in Forsyth County 3 years in a row, the Cole Team! With over 45 years of experience selling homes, these ladies have gathered a proven list of to-do’s to help you get your home ready to sell quick and for top dollar.
TIP #1: First Impressions Count: Make Buyer’s Want a “Second Date” Before They Open the Front Door
- Spruce up your yard with new pinestraw/mulch
- Color your front porch with potted plants
- Give your lawn some love – trim & prune plants and mow the lawn
- Paint and clean the front door
- Polish or replace the front door knob
- Powerwash the driveway and siding
- Clean and/or paint your mailbox or invest in a new one, if needed
TIP #2 – Let Buyer’s Visualize Living There – Create a Model Home Experience
- De-personalize your home – pack up those family pics
- Clear off your countertops – less is more!
- Neutralize your paint – say goodbye to bold colors
- Clear the clutter to make your space look bigger – spend time staging rooms
- Pack it up! Keep closet floors free of items
- Rent a storage unit
- Donate items you don’t need to a Local Charity.
- Find a hidden spot for pet bowls, crates, litter boxes, etc.
- Add light spa-like scents throughout home
TIP #3 – Win the Beauty Contest & Make Your Home Irresistible
- Wash your windows and keep screens off
- Maximize the light in your home – open shades or drapes to let the sunshine in
- Use Mr.Clean Magic Eraser to remove minor spots and scuffs on walls
- Show off pretty wood floors and tile – use rugs sparingly
- Tidy unfinished basement and garage
- Clean out gutters
- Make sure all light bulbs are working
TIP #4 – Work With The Pros
- Utilize professionals to make sure your home is ready to find its new family
- It’s your biggest investment – choose a team with experience and a strong track record to reach the right buyers and negotiate the best price for your home